Russian Group Courses
Designed by Daria Gabryanczyk - the author of the best-selling book Polish for Dummies.
Get a taste of Russian with our Russian Group Courses for complete beginners. Learn basic Russian expressions and have a lot of fun when practising them with fellow students. We will get you involved in role playing, various stimulating games and all sort of language activities you’re going to love! We focus on practising every day phrases, so that you can impress your Russian friends and in-laws right after the very first class! We promise to explain Russian grammar in an easy way and give you tips on how to get your head around Russian endings. We touch on Russian culture too, so that you know how to make Russian friends and avoid making faux pas. Entering and exploring the world of Russian is a unique, fascinating and rewarding adventure. Enrol on one of our courses and fall in love with the Russian language.
Level 0 - Complete Beginners
|21 April||Sat 11am-1pm||10 hrs/5 weeks||£185||
|26 April||Thu 12.30-1.30pm||10 hrs/10 weeks||£185||
|1 May||Tue 6-7.30pm||21 hrs/14 weeks||£275||
|2 May||Wed 6-7.30pm||21 hrs/14 weeks||£275||
|8 May||Tue 7.30-9pm||21 hrs/14 weeks||£275||
|9 May||Wed 12.30-1.30pm||10 hrs/10 weeks||£185||
|14 May||Mon-Fri 10am-2pm||20 hrs/1 week||£265||
|14 May||Mon 6-7.30pm||21 hrs/14 weeks||£275||
|11 June||Mon-Fri 10am-2pm||20 hrs/1 week||£265||
Level 1 - Upper Beginners
|3 May||Thu 6-7.30pm||21 hrs/14 weeks||£275||
|14 May||Mon 7.30-9pm||21 hrs/14 weeks||£275||
|24 May||Thu 7.30-9pm||21 hrs/14 weeks||£275||
Level 2 - Improvers
|25 April||Wed 6-7.30pm||21 hrs/14 weeks||£275||
|12 May||Sat 9am-11am||10 hrs/5 weeks||£185||
|23 May||Wed 7.30-9pm||21 hrs/14 weeks||£275||
About our courses
We welcome everyone with absolutely no knowledge of Russian or those who already know some phrases but haven't had a chance to try regular classes. We offer evening, weekend or intensive one week Russian courses so you can surely find a course suitable for you. We welcome new students all year round so simply get in touch whenever you want to get started and we will get you on board. If you missed a starting date don't worry - you can still join in as we offer catch-up lessons that will get you up to speed with the rest of the group!
We use the course book titled "Поехали!"/ " Let's go!, book 1 by Stanislav Chernyshov.
Please be advised that the course book is not included in the course fee, though we will provide photo copies for the first couple of lessons for your convenience. During your first beginner course you will cover on average one quarter of the course book.
Level 0 - Complete Beginners
- How do you pronounce this? You will learn all the essentials of Russian pronunciation.
- Let’s get to know each other! You will learn simple expressions on how to introduce yourself and others, how to greet people, say good-byes and other pleasantries.
- Myself and people around me. You will learn how to talk about yourself, your family and friends, your profession, nationality, languages you speak, profession etc.
- Asking for information: telephone number, address, e-mail address.
- I'm running late! It's good to keep an eye on your (Russian) watch!
- I love eating out! You will be able to order and appreciate Russian dishes.
- What did you do last weekend? You will learn how to talk about past events.
- Where is my passport? How do I get to the hotel? With handy expressions on directions you will get lost again.
- I love Friday night! You will learn days of the week and parts of the day.
- Whatever the weather. You will learn to talk about the weather and seasons of the year.
- We'll touch on some basic grammar but don’t worry - we don't want to scare you off!
Level 1 - Upper Beginners
- Location, location. You will learn how to use the locative case and talk abut places you are at.
- Tell me about your day and I can tell you who you are. You will share your daily routine with your class mates and talk about your free time.
- My girlfriend is tall and pretty. You will learn to describe people, eg. to say how wonderful your Russian partner is.
- You speak too fast. Can you drive slowly? You will learn to use Russian adverbs correctly.
- You look fabulous! You will learn how to make complements.
- The case of the accusative case. You will learn how to say : I love Russia or I’m looking for a cinema.
- It fits you well! We will "take" you shopping. You will be asking for different sizes and colours, all in Russian.
- I’m going to Russia. You will learn verbs of motion.
- Myself and people around me - you will learn to talk about your nationality, languages you speak, country you come from and many more.
- Let’s talk about … You will learn to start a discussion on the instrumental case (grammar wise :)
Level 2 - Improvers
- Which floor? 2nd please. What date? 21st of March. You will learn to count ordinal numbers.
- I think I'm lost. You will learn how to get the help you need when you can't find your way around.
- What century did Peter the first live? What century did he found Saint Petersburg? Let’s talk about the history.
- Why don’t we design and furnish our flats and offices! You will learn to name pieces of furniture and describe where they are.
- It's delicious! Let’s learn how to appreciate Russian cuisine.
- Let's cook something Russian - you will learn to understand recipes and ingredients.
- I’m starving! Let’s get some groceries for dinner. You will learn all the essentials for food shopping.
- Let’s borrow some verbs from other languages! You will learn useful international verbs.
- What do you do this week(end)? You will learn to arrange business meetings and outings with friends.
- My hobbies - you will be talking about your interests and ways of spending time outside the office.
- Let's watch some TV! We will teach you to talk about your favourite programme.
- I can do it! You will learn how to talk about the things you know how to do.
We'll touch on some basic grammar but don’t worry - we will make it easy and slow!
You are entitled to a full refund in case your course gets cancelled due to low numbers. We will sort out your refund right away back to your card. Once you sign up for a course we will secure a space for you and you will get an e-mail confirming your booking. From that moment you will not be able to transfer money towards individual lessons or any other product advertised on our website, nor will you be offered any refund. However, we may be able to offer placement in an alternative group (subject to availability). Please be advised that we offer no refund for any unattended classes.
- Missed a starting date? Not to worry. You can still join in and pay for the remaining weeks. Simply get in touch with us.
- Small groups with up to 7 students, meaning that you can talk and talk ... in Russian of course.
- Don’t worry if you have to miss your class - we will email you your lesson update or you can book a make-up class at £40/hour.
- Course book not included in the course fee. You can purchase it on the internet or from any larger bookshop with the Russian language section.
- New Russian courses start every month.
One-to-One Russian Lessons
If you find it difficult to commit to a couple of weeks of a group course our Russian Private Lessons with flexible timing might be the best option. See more details here.
"I have very much enjoyed and benefited from my classes at 2ndLanguage. Of all the courses I have done they have been best structured and run. The small groups allowed us to benefit from the excellent teaching your staff provided."